3 minutes reading time
Musings on Mothering is one! Time for a giveaway…
PLEASE NOTE: THIS GIVEAWAY HAS NOW CLOSED
Today Musings on Mothering is one year old. So I want to wish it a Happy Birthday! Obviously, this book has been a big part of my life for the past year (and the year before that too) yet I still can’t quite believe that a year has passed since it’s first publication. Here’s a little reminder of some of the great art and poetry within:
Musings on Mothering on YouTube
I’ve been delighted by all the lovely reviews and greatly appreciated the fact that readers have taken the time to comment on it and recommend it to their friends and family. Royalties from sales of the book, as well the proceeds from the hand bound copy sold for auction via eBay, have now amounted to almost £700. This money has gone directly to the wonderful charity La Leche League GB and I feel this to be quite an achievement for such a tiny press, run mostly during one or two hour slots in the evenings! A big thank you to all who have helped to make this happen, and special thanks go to Barb Sheppard for creating the hand bound copy that sold in the auction.
To celebrate this birthday I am giving away one very special copy of Musings on Mothering. Throughout the past year I have tried to add as many contributor’s signatures as possible to the inside front cover of one of the books. Considering that there are approximately 100 contributors and that they live across the globe this is pretty tough! But by the time the giveaway ends I hope to have the inside cover crammed full as I’m hoping to pick up some more ‘autographs’ at the next LLLGB conference which is taking place on 11th and 12th October 2013.
So, the prizewinner gets the signed copy and two runners-up get a print of their choice from The Mother’s Milk Bookshop and each prizewinner gets ONE free entry to the Mother’s Milk Books Writing Prize. Free shipping – to anywhere in the world – is included in the value of this prize. Many thanks for your interest in this giveaway, and good luck!
Musings on Mothering front cover
How to enter:
There are a few different ways to enter. Each method (given that you leave a separate comment for each method completed) will count as a different entry, so the more you do, the more chances you have to win.
- Leave a comment on this post telling me what creative projects you’ve undertaken in the past year. Made a start on knitting something? Taken up watercolour painting? Begun to write your first novel? Created a window of time to do some sewing?
- Tweet the following phrase – Happy Birthday #musingsonmothering! Published by @MothersMilkBks raising funds for #breastfeeding charity @LLLGB http://bit.ly/17bXLxJ – and leave a comment saying you have done so.
- Like Mother’s Milk Books on Facebook, leave a comment saying you have done so.
- Follow @MothersMilkBks on Twitter, leave a comment saying you’ve done so with your Twitter username.
- Follow the Mother’s Milk Books blog by entering your email address in the ‘subscribe’ box, leaving a comment saying you’ve done so.
The competition will close on Wednesday 9th October 2013 at 12.00 noon, GMT.
Terms and conditions:
This competition is open to all.
All correct entries received by this date will be entered into a prize draw and the winner will be chosen randomly.
The winner will be notified on this blog and be contacted within five days.
The winning entries will receive the prize as stated on the blog post. There is no cash alternative, no returns or refunds. Frames for prints are not included as part of the prize.