The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
With all-new photos and illustrations, this completely revised and updated eighth edition offers:
- real-mum wisdom on breastfeeding comfortably-from avoiding sore nipples to simply enjoying the amazing bonding experience
- new insights into old approaches toward latching and attaching, ages and stages, and answers to the most-asked questions
- strategies for moms who choose to breastfeed for a short time or who plan to nurse for a year or more
- reassuring information on nursing after a C-section or delivery complications
- recent scientific data that highlight the many lifelong health benefits of breastfeeding
- helpful tips for building your support network-at home or when back at work
- nursing special-needs infants, premies, multiples, and how to thrive no matter what curveball life throws
- guidance on breast health issues, weight gain, day care, colic, postpartum depression, food allergies, and medications
- Plus-Internet references for further information, including La Leche League support sites and groups.
Author: La Leche League International
Published in the UK by Pinter and Martin.
Paperback: 576 pages